Gallery Menu Step-by-Step
- Create the thumbnails. Include any text if it is part of the design.
- Make sure to crop them to their final, and identical size.
In WordPress dashboard:gallery-url
- Install the plugin: WP Gallery Custom Links and activate it. It will allow you to link gallery thumbnails directly to any URL.
- Upload thumbnail images to Media
- In a page (or post) click on Add Media
- The ‘Insert Media’ window will pop up. Click on ‘Create Gallery’
- Select the Thumbnail images. In ‘Gallery Link URL’ input field add a URL to each of them.
- Click on ‘Create New Gallery’
- Select the number of columns
- Click on ‘Insert Gallery’
- Add whatever effect you like to the gallery thumbnails by styling the .gallery-icon class. For example, the following code will dim the thumbnails on rollover: