Pitch an App
This is a group assignment- work in pairs or a group of three.
- Practice concept development of an application that responds to a need of a specific audience group.
- Prepare a presuasive pitch presentation.
Task: propose an idea for a web or mobile app that can help solve a specific problem, or make a task easier, for a specific group of people.
- Describe the problem or task that the app will help solve
- Describe the target audience for the app. Who are the people who are most likely to benefit from it?
- Explain how your app will help these people with the problem or task
- List current websites or apps that would be close competitors
- Explain why your app will be better than the competitors
- Draw (with pencil on paper) a sketch of the interface of the homepage
Deliverable: PowerPoint presentation that includes the following slides:
- Name of the product - include a short tagline that explains the essence of the product.
- Problem - what problem are you trying to solve?
- Solution - describe how you are planning to solve the problem.
- Competition - what are the existing solutions to the problem you are trying to solve?
- Competitive Advantages - what makes your solution better? How is it different from others?
- Product - show sketches or screenshots of your product that demonstrate how it works.
- Market - who are your target audiences? What is the size of your target market?
- Business model - how are you planning to make money?
- Team - show the people behind the idea and briefly describe their role.